Weekly Parent Update: May 20, 2022
Are you receiving text messages from Tulsa Public Schools? Visit www.tulsaschools.org/contactupdate to make sure we have your cell phone number.
Last day of school is Thursday, May 26
The last day of school is Thursday, May 26. You can find our calendar for the 2022-2023 school year at www.tulsaschools.org/calendar.
Ready. Set. Summer! registration EXTENDED
Registration for our Ready. Set. Summer! school-based summer programs are extended to Wednesday, June 8! Register today at www.tulsaschools.org/summer! From July 5 to July 29, currently enrolled Tulsa Public Schools students in grades pre-K-12 can participate in free, full-day summer learning and enrichment programs at 21 sites throughout our city. Planning summer travel? You can still enroll your child in summer programs and let your summer site know your planned travel dates.
Need help registering? Get assistance from our team* on:
- Thursday, June 1 from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Martin Regional Library (2601 S. Garnett Rd.)
*Interpretation services will be available.
Student Device Update
As we come to the end of the 2021-2022 school year, we want to make sure your student is prepared and ready for next school year! In June, we will be updating our student devices with the latest software as well as getting these devices ready to support our students in their summer learning in July and in the 2022-2023 school year. Please make sure your child returns their Chromebook, charger, and hotspot to their school no later than Thursday, May 26, 2022.
Parent Resource Center Parent Academy
Our Parent Resource Center is hosting their second Parent Academy on mental health and strategies on Tuesday, May 24 from 6pm to 8pm at the Parent Resource Center at North Star Academy (525 E. 46th St. N.). Spanish interpretation and childcare are available. Dinner will be provided. Click here to register or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-746-9665
Summer Cafe starts June 1
Our Summer Cafe will provide nutritious meals free of charge to children under age 18 all summer long!
- During the month of June, we will provide “Grab-and-Go” breakfast and lunch meals at Summer Café sites and offer “Mobile Meals” city-wide.
- In July and August, we will provide on-site meals at our Summer Café sites and continue our mobile meals.
- Due to changes in federal regulations, all children will be required to eat their meals in-person at our Summer Café sites and in-person at our mobile meal bus stops during the scheduled stop time. You can find meal-sites and service times at www.tulsaschools.org/mealsites
After Learning youth workers needed
We are hiring for full- and part-time roles on our After Learning team for the 2022-2023 school year! Group leader applicants must be 18+, have a diploma or GED, and pass a background check. Program supervisors and site coordinators must be 21+, meet the above requirements, and additional requirements as needed. Click here to learn more and apply!
Back to School form
Want to get a head start for next school year? Fill out our Back to School form now! You can begin the application process by logging onto SmartChoice at enroll.tulsaschools.org and clicking on the “Back to School” form.
COVID-19 Tests and Vaccination
Seen in the news
- News on 6: TPS Extends Deadline For Teacher Training Program
- Tulsa World: Zarrow club wins state meet in first year of existence
- Tulsa World: After 96 years, Oklahoma FFA convention comes to Tulsa